Monday 19 November 2012

OUGD403 - Self Evaluation: Message and Delivery Distribution

When first given the brief I was pretty hesitant about it because it was something I had never done or even thought about before. However I found I could easily manipulate what I had done for the posters and research to fit into exactly what I wanted to do. It's quite an open brief, which meant I could have done anything I wanted, just as long as it fit into the envelope.

My biggest regret with this brief is not thinking about this sooner and playing around with different sizes, scales and shapes to create the leaflet/poster with. I chose a standard A4 size to create the leaflet with, but now wish I perhaps did it on a larger scale, A3, and maybe made it a long thin poster instead of keeping with the standard paper sizes. I also could have manipulated the envelope and made it appear the correct size, but actually open out into something larger.

However, I do feel I created a visually appropriate and interesting outcome, even if I wasn't particularly happy with the size/shape of it. I think overall it worked well as a leaflet and was easy to see everything and read. That was the main thing I was going for - just to keep it simple and readable. I feel I did that as I kept the information to a minimum, but straight t o the point and kept it interesting with the speech bubbles instead of just typing it out.

The one thing I would change now is the stock I used fro the envelope. I didn't think about the stock remaining the same for all elements of this brief, and made the envelope out of blue card, as I was not confident the paper would do very well in the post. Perhaps the best thing to do was to find a white card that would do well in the post, and be a good stock to print the leaflet and mail list onto. Aside from this, I was happy with the outcomes.

Overall I think I stuck to the brief and kept the outcome in relevance to the posters and stayed true to what I originally wanted to say in the first place. I think I executed it well and kept it practical for the person opening the envelope, keeping it as easy to do and easy to read the leaflet.

No comments:

Post a Comment